Monday, May 30, 2016

Jonathan is a Generous and Gracious Man – President Buhari

President Buhari, while hosting State House Correspondents at the Presidential Villa today gave an amazing statement about former President Goodluck Jonathan.
 Buhari who described Jonathan as a generous and gracious man said, he was still shocked at how Jonathan conceded defeat and handed power over to him.
“I will talk about my experience here in Aso Villa” he said.
“I underrated the influence of the PDP for 16 years watching from outside as 8 consecutive governments. The experience of the staff, their commitment and zeal is different from what it is now. 16 years of development in the life of a developing nation is a long time.
“When we came, there were 42 ministries. We cut it to 24. This is where I pay my respect to former President Goodluck Jonathan. This is actually a privileged information for you. He called me at a quarter past five in the evening. He said good evening Your Excellency, Sir and I said good evening. He said, I have called to congratulate you that I have conceded defeat. Of course, there was dead silence on my end because I did not expect it. I was shocked. I did not expect it because after 16 years, the man was a deputy governor, governor, Vice President and was President for six years.
“For him to have conceded defeat even before the result was announced by INEC, I think it was quite generous and gracious of him.
“Abdulsalam recognized the generosity of Jonathan to concede defeat and said we should go and thank him immediately and that was the first time I came here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment